We’re excited to inform you the awards process for Venture Madness, presented by Invest Southwest and in partnership with the Arizona Commerce Authority has begun. Cactus Semiconductor is one of 64 innovative companies being considered for recognition as a promising startup. Here are some details from the website on how it works:
The competition starts with a bracket of 64 startup companies. After two online elimination rounds in which the advancing companies are chosen by a panel of judges, the top 16 companies will advance to the live-demo portion of the contest held March 4-6, 2015, at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Ariz. It’s here where they will compete for their share of $50,000 in cash prizes by live-pitching their way through the remainder of the brackets before a panel of judges, who will determine which company will be crowned the 2015 Venture Madness Champion.
If you’re interested in participating in the brackets, and/or in getting more details, visit http://www.venturemadness.com/. We’ve summarized some instructions below about how to go about completing the brackets:
1. Go to: http://www.venturemadness.com/brackets/bracket-venture-madness/
2. Create your Venture Madness user login. Registration is located on the upper-right corner of the page. Once completed, a password will be emailed to you. Once received you can log in to edit your bracket.
3. Complete your Venture Madness bracket by clicking the Edit Bracket tab and choosing the companies through all rounds.
4. Choose the company you prefer using the drop down menu next to the names.
5. Save your choices with a name. Note when you click save the page may jump to an unknown location. Simply scroll down again to view your brackets.
6. Be sure to select companies for all regions A-D and Finals using the black tabs above the brackets.
7. Check your Venture Madness bracket after each round for updated standings on the leaderboard.
Full instructions and the registration page can be found at http://www.venturemadness.com/brackets/bracket-venture-madness/.
The website lists first place for the brackets will be a MacBook Air – 13″ 128GB ($999 value). The runner-up prize is an iPad Air 2 – 64GB Wi-Fi ($599 value).
As part of the contest, we put together a video summarizing Cactus Semiconductor’s medical ASICs capabilities. Check it out at YouTube.